Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Baby, it's Cold Outside!!!

Brrrrr!!! "Hotlanta" isn't so hot right now. In fact, it is freeeezing! When I left Florida yesterday morning after spending Thanksgiving with my family, it was 72 degrees. I arrived in Atlanta last night and it was 34 degrees outside! Evidently, there were snow flurries all day, and they just happened to stop right before I got home. :( I hope I'm gonna get to see some snow before Christmas!

Anyways, I had a blast with my family during Thanksgiving and ate waaay too much. I had lost a lot of weight while in Atlanta because I don't have my mom around to cook for me, but I am sure that I gained a whole lot of it back this past weekend!


Here are the Thanksgiving turkeys, my Mom, Mammaw and the bird...lol :)


I loved getting to see my nephew, Riley! He has grown so much since I last saw him a couple months ago.


Riley got a whole lotta suga' from his Aunt Jenifer! I just couldn't resist - He's so cute! I am crazy about this child!


The 3 J's minus one. My sister, Jane could not be there for Thanksgiving, but I had fun with my sis, Joy. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant with my 2nd nephew, Joel. I can't wait to meet him in a few weeks! I've already talked to him through her belly, and I know he must be anxious to meet me too! :)


On Saturday, I went to the beach - just me and God - to watch the sunset. I think He created this beautiful one just for me! I love being in God's creation, and it makes me feel so close to Him.


This time at the beach was a great time to reflect and thank God for all the many blessings He has given me. I sometimes get caught up in worrying about everything that I don't have that I forget about how much God has done for me and provided me with. When I compare the list of things I'm not satisfied with to the things God has blessed me with, His blessings FAR outweigh the other stuff.


Psalm 139:17-18a

"How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so right. I agree with everything:

Your mom IS a Turkey.
Riley HAS grown a ton.
Jane IS in Texas.
Joy IS going to have a baby.
You ARE too skinny.
God IS so very good!!

I love you and I AM dying to see you.

xxoo~
Me